Located across from the Kelowna International Airport, the Hampton Inn & Suites - Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Technician. The Hampton Inn & Suites – Kelowna Airport is a brand-new hotel, scheduled to open December 2019!
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance repairs around the hotel. Your duties will include maintaining public spaces, identifying the need for repairs, responding to maintenance requests, and servicing company equipment.
- Respond and attend to guest & staff reported defects, carry a radio at all times
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
- Communicate with guests and staff to resolve maintenance issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform basic tasks including troubleshooting TV’s and equipment, painting and filling crevices, changing light bulbs and filters, manage general maintenance repairs and clean-up of the repair area.
- Perform repairs as needed and inspect company machinery, equipment or appliances.
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
- Able to operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings
- Monitor the pool equipment and report any issues to the Maintenance Manager
- Help with seasonal exterior maintenance, including shoveling & salting sidewalks, assisting with seasonal displays
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality and protect company assets
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any hazards or concerns
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous hotel maintenance experience is an asset
- High School graduation required
- Ability to troubleshoot and assess the work needed for maintenance procedures
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance, reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, stooping, climbing ladders
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction