Summary of Position: As Breakfast Attendant, the primary responsibility is to provide a clean and well-stocked breakfast area while assuring the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing friendly and courteous service. This is an early morning position typically starting around 5:30 am and ending by 10:30 am.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival.
- Monitor and observe the guest dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Set up and maintain the breakfast area according to operational standards and in compliance with local health department requirements.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
- Taking inventory of food, beverages, and supplies needed for each day.
- Preparing foods such as fresh fruit, coffee, and juices from concentrates.
- Setting up serving dishes/trays, utensils, cups and other supplies.
- Clearing and cleaning tables as they are vacated.
- Restocking items consistently throughout the breakfast hours and for the next day.
- Keeping breakfast area clean including removing trash, vacuuming, cleaning counters/tables, etc.
- Keep manager on duty promptly and fully informed of all problems or concerns coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
- Previous experience as a Breakfast Attendant recommended.
- Ability to be friendly and cheerful; interact easily with strangers. Positive personality.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Food Handlers Card (or ability to obtain within 7 days of hire).
- Must be a team player and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours).
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.