The Service Desk Technician - Level II’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests, receiving escalations from Service Desk Technicians Level I, and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
This position does not allow for remote employees. The Service Desk Technician - Level II must report as scheduled to the Regency IHS corporate office located in Victoria, TX.
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Create knowledge base libraries to assist others to resolve known issues and workarounds
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Implement hardware and software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Sequence tasks as to gain maximum efficiency in deployments and implementations
- Field incoming requests and incidents to the Service Desk via walk-up, telephone, portal, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and elicit incident details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule incidents. Escalate incidents to problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or to engineering for resolution.
- Record, track and document the service desk request or incident solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Instruct Service Desk Technician - Level I on SOPs
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Image and deploy desktop devices in a working and/or clinical environment
- Assist with installing and maintaining network infrastructure as required
- Develop test procedures and a checklist to perform repetitive solutions or setups.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Instruct others on the use of appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of network equipment, workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure incidents has been adequately resolved.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Other duties as directed by their immediate supervisor.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in a technical field and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, Unix or other systems.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of basic computer hardware, including but not limited to PCs, Printers & Mobile Devices. (Ability to identify core components of a PC)
- Experience deploying desktop devices in a working environment with 50 or more users.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows, Ubuntu, iOS & Chrome.
- Application support experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote, Active Directory, AHT, Adobe Reader, Go to Meeting, IE, Edge, & Chrome.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including Multi-meter, Tone and Test Amplifier, Cable tester, Network Sniffer, VNC, Manage Engine, What’s Up Gold, and Windows CLI.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL, HIPAA, HiTech, & HiTRUST.
- Familiarity with Asset Management techniques and practices.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluent English Language skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Regularly a 40-hour on-site work week
- From time to time there may be overtime up to as much as 60 hours when necessary.
- On-call availability as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals weighing up to 50lbs.
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled