Why - Up to Par Management
Up to Par Management are a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner’s and associates to excel and advance with the company. Through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution, Up to Par develop and delivers innovative solutions for its customers while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Heritage Hunt offers a unique guests and associates experience that combines a nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Professional Cart Attendant / Outdoor Golf Services Agent at Heritage Hunt Golf & Country Club in Gainesville, VA.
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services and community relationships.
Our playful, yet professional attitude is what we live by.
Cart Attendant / Outdoor Golf Services Agent
PGA Head Golf Professional
Cart Attendant / Outdoor Services
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Up to Par Management is seeking a Cart Attendant / Outdoor Golf Services Agent to provide exceptional customer service to Members and Guests. Attempts to anticipate and fulfill customer needs in a variety of responsibilities as assigned which may include work in Cart Attendant, Valet, Starting and/or Marshall.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Treats all members, guests, and associates with respect.
- Maintains friendly appearance; greets Members and Guests by name with a smile.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Keeps Head Golf Professional promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
Practice Range - sample tasks include:
- Set stations with balls as described in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Attend to range throughout the day to maintain cleanliness.
- Send members to putting green five minutes prior to tee time.
- Clean golf clubs.
- Assist members with carrying clubs from range to cart.
- Pick up and break down range.
Cart Attendant - sample tasks include:
- Stage golf carts with golf bags.
- Maintain the staging area, driving range, and practice area set-up.
- Cleans golf clubs receive members at end of a round, records finish time and reports it to the Golf Shop
- Cleans and maintains golf carts and cart attendant area.
- Carries out starter and Marshall duties.
Starter - sample tasks include:
- Reviews a prepared list of golf course rules.
- Informs Members of any unusual conditions that exist on the course.
- Communicates with other Outside Service Staff to ensure that all players tee off at their scheduled times.
- Records Fee Structure and Transportation.
- Submit completed Tee Sheet to Golf Shop.
Ranger - sample tasks include:
- Monitors all play on the golf course, with special attention to the area of pace play.
- Recommends possible solutions to customers concerning on course problems, especially pace of play.
- Report golf course play situation to the golf shop staff at regular intervals.
- Repair ball marks and fix divots as needed.
- Check water and ice stations and restock supplies as needed.
- Deliver messages to customers on the golf course.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting associate health and safety.
- Assists in training colleagues in proper safety techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of typical golf course
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to operate golf cart safely
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.