- Must be able to work early morning shift beginning at 7:00 AM including weekends and holidays
- Construction and/or painting experience helpful
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Works on construction and paint, projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work with a crew of carpenters by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Delivers materials to job sites.
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications.
- Mixes concrete. Smoothes and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete.
- Positions, joins, align, and seals pipe sections.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Mops, brushes, or spreads paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through a hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Assists in pouring concrete.
- Grinds, sands, or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring.
- Saws lumber, dismantles forms, removes projections from concrete, mounts pipe hangers, and cuts and attaches insulating material.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding painting.
- Smoothes surfaces and removes old paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler.
- Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric switch covers from walls prior to painting.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Paints surfaces with brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- Simulates wood grain, marble, brick, or tile effects.
- Applies paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Washes surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover.
- Keeps all work areas clean and orderly.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; or up to one month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, the risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sea Mist Oceanfront is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled