- Must have valid, South Carolina Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in a hot, humid environment.
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Folds, presses, and sorts both soiled and clean linen and other materials including sheets, towels, table linens, napkins, etc. by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Sorts soiled articles according to type, placing them in selected bins for washing.
- Sorts dried articles according to identification numbers or type. Folds and places item in an appropriate storage bin.
- Maintains the set of standards of production for the Laundry area.
- Lubricates machines, as directed throughout the shift. Some devices require lubricating for every hour in use, others on a preventive maintenance basis.
- Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry lists.
- Ensures that reclaim items are sorted during the final processing and folding.
- Ensures that only good quality linens are released back to the Resort. Any stains, tears or rips are separated and sent to the Reclaim area for additional processing.
- Dyes, cuts, and bags reclaim for use as rags throughout the property. Dry and bag for resale.
- Operates sheet press according to Laundry standards. Towel folders, hand folding, sorting.
- Maintains laundry area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Some high school education; or up to one month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to supervisory staff and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for 8-10 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.