PR Account Executive
Do great work. Make a difference. Have fun. Earn a fair profit. That’s Zehnder’s mission, and we’re inviting you to join us. We are seeking candidates for a seasoned Public Relations Account Executive in our Baton Rouge office. Think you’ve got what it takes? Read the details below and let us know why you’re the best person for the job.
Zehnder is one of the largest full-service advertising agencies in the Southeast providing a wide range of services, including strategic marketing, public relations, media placement, creative, social media, interactive design, and programming. With offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Nashville, we’ve served clients in major markets throughout the country for more than 20 years. Our agency is comprised of seven departments, and we integrate each team’s diverse skillsets to create amazing, multifaceted campaigns for our clients. And we are proud to be selected as a New Orleans CItyBusiness Best Place to Work in 2019, our thirteenth such recognition!
The PR Account Executive is expected to be a customer-centric, creative problem solver, with experience in developing and executing traditional and non-traditional PR strategies. This person is responsible for building and managing relationships with clients in a manner that achieves each client’s public relations objectives. The PR Account Executive should have a dynamic personality and possess the ability to lead a room during client presentations. This position includes supervising other PR team members on assigned accounts in their efforts to serve clients in a responsive, efficient and accurate manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as day-to-day client point of contact for strategic PR counsel and PR services on assigned accounts.
- Manage strategic planning for clients, which includes the development of annual strategic plans, ongoing tactical execution of strategies and the ability to adapt strategies and tactics as needed.
- Develop and maintain expertise in assigned client industry sectors to stay abreast of trends, opportunities, and competitors.
- Supervise other PR team members on assigned accounts, including delegating tasks, providing quality assurance, ensuring alignment with client goals and lending strategic oversight.
- Identify and provide solutions to client challenges as they arise in a proactive, timely manner.
- Oversee, guide and assist with the execution of media relations for clients, including key messaging, press releases/media advisories, story pitches, media kits and lists, interview coordination, media relationships, and other earned media tactics.
- Collaborate with other departments, particularly social media, on integrated communications plans and participate in multi-department brainstorm sessions.
- Oversee, guide and assist with the execution of digital-related PR services, including blog content, social media messaging, branded/sponsored content collaborations and influencer marketing and partnerships.
- Lead and assist with strategic planning and execution of special events, along with on-site media management and/or social media activations.
- Develop crisis communications plans for clients and provide strategic crisis management counsel as needed.
- Monitor traditional and social media daily and oversee ongoing, accurate tracking of earned/social media results for clients.
- Supervise and assist with client-specific performance reporting.
- Assist with development and tracking of client budgets to ensure profitable and mutually beneficial client/agency relationships and coordination with the accounting team on billing procedures and updates.
- Participate in the agency’s new business efforts as needed.
- Develop, lead and/or participate in presentations to clients and/or prospects.
- Develop intimate knowledge of PR department software tools and capabilities, including Cision, TVEyes, and Klear.
- Participate in the planning and execution of PR-related efforts for the agency itself as needed.
Performance Standards & Skills:
- Client satisfaction ratings are high. No misunderstandings or problems exist between agency and client.
- Timesheets are completed daily.
- Work is on target, on time and within budget.
- Displays a positive attitude, patience, and flexibility in the workplace.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new methods and business tools used by the agency.
- Works well with team members and displays courtesy and kindness in interactions.
- Written work is grammatically correct and free of errors.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage time, prioritize projects and follow-up with supervisor and client on the status of projects.
- Responsive and prompt in providing updates and feedback.
- Detail-oriented, organized and professional.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR or Marketing/Communications or related field from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successfully function in a fast-paced environment: multi-task; organized; dedicated; independent thinker.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook); experience using Mac/Apple software and/or Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop) is preferred.
- Advertising/PR agency experience preferred.
- Comments: Job requires invention, imagination, originality and talent, and contribution of unique interpretation and analysis.
Sound good to you? Let us know why you’re fit for the job by applying with a resume at https://easyapply.co/job/public-relations-manager-4
*And now for the fine print: Writing samples will be requested prior to interviews. No phone calls. Local candidates or candidates willing to relocate themselves if not currently residing in the New Orleans, Baton Rouge or Nashville area only, please. All submissions are confidential. We are an EOE.
Zehnder Communications is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled