C4 Therapeutics is looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented, research associate level individual for the Proteomics and Ubiquitin-Proteasome System (UPS) Biology group in order to assist in cell-based and tissue-based proteomics experiments. This person is expected to have experience with tissue culture including cell line maintenance, generation (via transfection, transduction, CRISPR, etc.) and cell-based experiments such as treatment with small molecules. This person is also expected to have experience with processing cell line derived samples including generation of cell extracts for affinity purification, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting (or equivalent) – knowledge of and experience with molecular biology techniques is a plus. Existing knowledge of sample processing for proteomic application is a plus, but not required and will be taught in alignment with company SOPs. The individual should also have strong organizational skills and a proven ability to handle multiple efforts at the same time.
- Maintain cell lines for biological experiments
- Process experimental samples for mass spec analysis
- Generate novel cell lines using viral transduction and/or CRISPR techniques
- Sample analysis including Western Blotting, etc.
- Work with team members within and across functional areas to achieve key company goals
- Analyze, summarize, and present data at team meetings and broader project team meetings
- BS with lab experience in biology, biochemistry, or other related disciplines
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required
- Experience with cellular assays and data analysis software tools are preferred
- Experience in supporting the discovery and early development of small molecule therapeutics is a plus
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn, and strong work ethics
- Attention to details, organization skills, and excellent communication skills
- Sense of humor and ability to work in a fast-paced environment