Position: VoIP Network Engineer
Location: United States- Illinois– Scott AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance: DoD Secret Security Clearance
Contract Pay Rate: $30-$35/hour
Conversion Salary: $85,000 annually
Contract: 6-month temporary-to-hire
Full benefits will be included upon conversion
- A member of a nine person technical engineering/support team serving the enterprise Executive Airlift Communications Network (EACN) at Scott AFB, IL.
- Perform Network Administration functions which includes Telecom/Voice Administration, Servers/Storage Systems Administration (physical and virtual), IA Administration, systems/component troubleshooting, upgrades and documentation.
- Manage and monitor all network and voice systems associated with EACN in real time and respond to tier 2-3 trouble-calls from customers both internal and external.
- Work in a high visibility environment supporting senior and executive level customers in multilevel secured environment.
- Provide engineering expertise in the Voice over IP (VOIP) technical arena.
- Have working knowledge of Cisco VOIP equipment (Required).
- Ability to maintain and upgrade Cisco Unified Collaboration Solution (UCS) that utilizes Cisco Unified Communication.
- Manager (CUCM) across multiple geographical regions.
- Working knowledge configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Viper phones.
- Working knowledge of VMware ESXi.Strong working knowledge of Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Ability to understand Cisco IOS configurations and perform upgrades.
- Ability to author technical Test Plans, Test Reports, White Papers, and Visio Diagrams.
- Understand Network Time Protocol (NTP).Ribbon Communications (Formerly Sonus/NET) VX Shout and Whisper equipment (Desirable).
- Ability to use MS Office products.
DoD 8570.01 - Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification (i.e. Security+ certification).
Education: Associates Degree in IT or related field
Years’ Experience: 3 Years
Position Type: Full Time
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.