The accounts receivable specialist is responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post customer payments by recording wires, checks and credit card transaction
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments
- Promptly organize and reconcile customer accounts and verify discrepancies to ensure payments are correct.
- Create weekly aging AR reports to keep accounts current.
- Follow up on open invoice inquiries.
- Proactively dispute necessary claims on various seller portals to maximize collections.
- Prepare claim settlements quarterly.
- Generate weekly/monthly detailed payment and deduction.
- Record sales return data for master claims.
- Update bank transactions daily for accurate cash position.
- Organize cash and checks to be readily deposited into the bank each week.
- Communicate with other departments when errors on orders arise.
- Prepare documents for bank and internal audits.
- Assist with end of month closing.
· Proven working experience in Accounting/Accounts Receivable
· 2 years’ prior experience preferred
· Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
· Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
· Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· BS degree in Accounting or Finance