Fortress Deck Products
Dallas Fort Worth Area
The Fortress Deck Product Manager is a dynamic position with key responsibility to build a strong product category, meeting market demands and provide long-term financial success for the assigned product categories. This requires interface and direct involvement with multiple disciplines including sales, marketing, supply chain, manufacturing, inventory management, product innovations, product development, and executive management.
Core Value & Culture Fit:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates products in the market.
- Develop the strategy and manage marketing programs that drive demand for assigned products.
- Optimize product pricing and margin management with continuous cost maintenance and margin analysis to develop, communicate and manage pricing plans consistent with company strategic plans.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team, and customers and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of the products.
- Oversee product inventory management from a demand perspective and communicate with supply chain frequently to assure in-stock positions of all products.
- Develop depth of technical expertise in the products, their uses, and applications.
- Create, coordinate, and conduct regular product training at all levels of the sales channel.
- Conduct product lifecycle management analysis including market assessments and recommend product development enhancements and additions to product category expansion and profitability of the assigned product categories.
- Be the packaging authority for all assigned items, including packaging updates to address market needs, and manage the creation of new product packaging.
- Coordinate with factories as the primary authority for product costing and packaging and communication of demand requirements.
Requirements / Preferences:
- Experience in the building materials industry
- College degree preferred
- Professional appearance
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office
- Strong ability with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multitask, manage, and execute projects a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Technical / Mechanical skills a must
- Paid Time Off
- 401K plan with company match
- Group dental, health and death benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Paid Holidays
- Rapidly Growing company with excellent opportunity for advancement
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled