The Service Manager is responsible for running an efficient and profitable service department. The manager will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relationships, setting and achieving sales and profit objectives and maintaining service records.
- Promotes an atmosphere of goodwill and accountability between the company and the customer in a professional manner and provides a superior level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Maintains full jurisdiction and responsibility over shop management and shop employees, service trucks and operation and maintenance of shop and all shop equipment and tools, including all safety and housekeeping aspects.
- Responsible to work in full cooperation with parts department and sales department, ensuring a smooth flow in satisfying customer needs.
- Responsible with Shop Foreman, assigning technicians and other personnel to appropriate assignments.
- Monitors operations and inspects, tests and measures completed work.
- Handling and processing of all RO’s and other necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Establishes or adjusts work methods and procedures to meet schedules.
- Operate efficient shop at maximum production, in line with forecasted goals and objectives for the department.
- Build and maintain customer base.
- Ensure that all customer inconveniences, complaints and misunderstandings are dealt with fairly and quickly.
- Supervise shop personnel. Administer general and safety policies and procedures. Enforce safety-training. Undertake proper discipline with shop personnel using reprimand system, ensuring copies are given to Human Resource Department to become part of the employee’s permanent record.
- Responsible for all warranty parts throughout the warranty process.
- Responsible for time cards, training and review of technician’s performance.
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Keep a clean and well-organized shop.
- Cooperatively performs additional duties when assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Excellent communication skills both orally and written. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Excellent managerial skills. Basic PC skills. Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself and others, in order to make improvements or take corrective action. A valid driver’s license, clean driving record and CDL are a must.
Education: A minimum of two to four years of work-related skill, knowledge or experience within the industry. Supervisory experience is an asset.
Individual should be outgoing, friendly, energetic, organized, and flexible. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment. Individual shall have ability to lead effectively in all initiatives, set a good example in character, competence and service, and encourage a positive and efficient work environment.
Working conditions are normal for a service environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Includes working irregular hours and must have the willingness to work the necessary hours to accomplish departmental goals, accommodate customers and meet operational standards.