Are you a talented, equipment operator? We are recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor in the South Boston, Virginia area with managerial experience who is able to take charge of property maintenance. If you are committed to delivering a quality experience, WE NEED YOU!
We are looking for an expert Maintenance Supervisor to join our team and help to provide care and purpose for our guests and colleagues. Our beautiful hotel is recently renovated and is the place to go to!
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Grounds Maintenance Supervisor for the Berry Hill Resort located within the beautiful South Boston, VA.
Apply now for a fantastic opportunity. We work with a range of clients including clubs, private communities, hotels, and restaurants. If you or someone you know have the necessary skills and desire to succeed in the hospitality industry then please apply now to catch the opportunity!
Job Location: South Boston, VA
The Maintenance Supervisor, under the supervision of the Resort General Manager, performs work involving the use of a variety of mowers, trucksters, and tractors. The grounds maintenance worker also uses a variety of hand tools and power equipment to accomplish assigned tasks. All grounds maintenance personnel must review and abide by the Maintenance Associate Health and Safety Handbook provided by Up To Par.
- Employment standards
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Required to obtain state licensing as a pesticide applicator.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of all plant and lawn manicures; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports, and maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of all lawn areas; seeding and maintenance practices for grass; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems.
- Manage mowing of all greenways with appropriate mowers.
- Performs all required equipment maintenance.
- Participates in all areas of property maintenance.
- Performs other duties as directed by General Manager.
- Ensures that the equipment is in proper working condition; refills fuel and oil daily; cleans equipment daily, and reports equipment problems or failures to the appropriate supervisor immediately.
- Provides basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the equipment manager or assistant superintendent, and returns equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Team player, great attitude, dependable.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Available for weekend and holiday work, if needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment.
Associates will be given a job description by management for which they are responsible. Job descriptions are intended to be overall guidelines for the job and NOT a step-by-step account of the Associate's duties, and may be revised by management from time to time. It is imperative that each Associate understands the job description and asks for a review whenever uncertainties about specific responsibilities arise.
Up To Par Management is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Currently, Up to Par Management oversees operations at golf clubs, resorts, and hotels. Taylor Hospitality is our subsidiary responsible for all food and beverage operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.