Nursing and Rehabilitation center is actively seeking a Director of Social
Position Summary:The primary
purpose of your job position is to plan organize, develop, and direct the
overall operation of the Social Services Department. As Director of Social
Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and
accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Master’s Degree from an
accredited school of Social Work
- Must have, as a minimum, 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents,
family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously
with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing social services.
- Three years of active patient/resident contact in health
care which includes at least two years of social services supervisory
experience in long term care.
- Experience with EMR preferred
- Team player with excellent customer service skills required
- Experience working with MDS, discharge planning, electronic
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, and organize, implement, evaluate,
and direct the social service programs of this facility.
- Assist in the development, administering, and
coordinating of department policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state
regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on
changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Review department policies and procedures, at least
annually, and participate in making recommend changes.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for
the identification of medically related social and emotional needs of the
- Participate in community planning related to the
interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and
- Participate in discharge planning, development and
implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Interview resident/families as necessary and in a
- Perform administrative requirements, such as
completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the
administrator as required.
- Involve the resident/family in planning social
service programs when possible.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other
facilities when necessary.
- Refer resident/families to appropriate social
service agencies when the facility does not provide the services or needs of
At Morningside, we believe that rehabilitation is a journey toward
wellness – mind, body, and spirit. To that end, we have developed programs
designed to optimize your health on every level, and we deliver them in a
unique environment with a dynamic staff that will both inspire and motivate
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous PTO package
- Health/Dental Benefits
- 401k plan
We are an EOE