LARKIN'S CATERING & EVENTS
Larkin's Restaurant Group is looking for the hardest working, most energetic,
hospitality focused team members to join our family!
With an emphasis on the highest standards, our brands are recognized for great food and service, as well as one of the top places to work with in Greenville. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. We reward our teams with career-long training, devoted development and opportunities for growth within. Our team members are passionate about flawless execution, quality service, incredible tasting food and drinks, and believe knowledge is power. Our culture breeds success with a strong belief in teamwork, consistent attention to detail and constant innovation, while encouraging employees to think outside of the box and strive to create careers within a progressive company. We pride ourselves on our variety of brands within the Larkin's family!
Larkin's has grown over the last 15 years to become the go-to caterer in the upstate!
We serve every event from formal business dinners, country weddings, and intimate social gatherings.
Our winning team believes in delivering exceptional & genuine service for each and every guest.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports directly to the Director of Sales and Director of Operations.
The Catering Sales Manager is tasked with creating innovative solutions and improvements, meeting financial goals, and motivating a large team to work in a collaborative manner for the best possible guest experience. Our Catering Sales Manager is responsible for developing customer relationships, scoping out the needs of the local market and delivering a strategic sales plan that will meet and exceed goals. Event Sales is an important part of Larkin's business and culture. The Catering Sales Manager will need to be able to drive off peak revenue and incremental revenue during peak times.
- Timely responses to leads, sending proposals, follow up, and all correspondence
- Be an internal and external ambassador, fostering relationships with individuals, organizations and corporations who book events to maintain reputable and predictable business while prospecting for new events, including attending networking events
- Own your numbers by forecasting and having a keen understanding of sales numbers and budgets
- Complete contracts with new clients and ensure payments are made in a timely manner
- Correct and efficient use of catering software to draft proposals, BEOs, invoices, etc
- Work directly with clients to finalize all event details
- Working in tandem with the Operations Team to ensure flawless execution for all events
- Increase overall sales revenue and event bookings by meeting sales goals
- Sell with the mindset of managing resources to ensure highest profitability while delivering value to clients and their guests
- Basic knowledge of food, recipes, and cooking techniques
- Stay up-to-date with trends in weddings and events (culinary, design, décor, etc)
- Assist with social media posting
- Office work to include but not limited to:
- Placing and finalizing rental orders
- Communicate with clients, planners and vendors about timelines, floorplans, payments etc
- Detail Events in catering software system
- Timely correspondence with vendors and clients in a professional and pleasant manner
- Communicate changes on events between all departments (operations, culinary, sales etc)
- Produce proposals and assist Sales Managers with revisions and updates
- Assist in data input
- Assist with décor of food displays and décor inventory
- Minimum Age: 21+
- Must have valid driver license and clean driving record
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to use Heartland POS System
- Ability to lift minimum 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a high-temperature kitchen for an extended time
- Ability to take direction and delegate responsibilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to reach, bend and stoop
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Must have exceptional hygiene, grooming habits, and uniform standards
- Basic computer knowledge
- Servsafe Certified: ServSafe Food Manager & Responsible Alcohol Service
- Prior food and beverage management experience in fast paced environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Salary $45,000-$60,000 with base and commission on event sales
- Meal benefits at all company restaurants
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Time Off
The statement contained herein reflects general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work.
It is Larkin's policy to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, military serves, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by law.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify