Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Berry Hill Resort located in South Boston, Virginia offers a unique guest and associate experience that combines the nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Event Coordinator at Berry Hill Resort in South Boston, VA.
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.
Our playful, yet professional attitude is what we live by.
South Boston, VA
Monday – Friday - Flexible Office Hours - Must be flexible
Up to Par Management is actively seeking an Event Coordinator to join our team. The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all final details and payments for all banquets and outings. This includes but is not limited to weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday and anniversary parties, banquets, business meetings, social events, golf outings and member/ resident related activities. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that believes that our associates are our most important resource and therefore takes great pride in selecting individuals that help us to deliver on our purpose, To Positively Impact Others.
- The Event Coordinator is responsible for managing all weddings, events, golf outings and the daily administrative duties related to the ongoing management of the Sales/F&B Department.
- Manage Event set-up, day-of coordination, as well as coordination with vendors, delivery and client needs.
- Plan and coordinate details of catered events to include determining specifications and quantities of goods to order, determining manpower levels, recommending personnel assignments, scheduling space and facilities, and communicating menu information to production staff.
- Coordinate rental items needed for events, developing timelines, floor plans, menus, and banquet event orders.
- Responsible for conducting rehearsals, and tastings.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained.
- Follow up with brides to collect reviews on WeddingWire and The Knot.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling all obligations.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks in a timely manner.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Job requires considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Must be able to make important decisions “in the moment” under high stress.
- Social Orientation - Job requires a preference for working with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
Previous Event Coordinating experience preferred.
Qualification, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Ability to enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have high-level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability serve a variety of clientele.
Up To Par Management/Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs, hotels, restaurants, and associates.
Up To Par exists to positively impact others through our platform of professionally managed clubs, hotels, and restaurants by living our core values of ECHO Teamwork and culture of continuous improvement. Our commitment to career development has created loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our Be Exceptional atmosphere.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.