- Prepares all foods in accordance with standard recipes and as specified by the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control, i.e. especially high-cost meat and fish items.
- Keeps refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations.
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production in work station. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes. Requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as cross-training, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity to a supervisor immediately.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of fry cooking.
- Working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts, and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Enough manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, ie. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, etc.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 150 pounds.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
DoubleTree Birmingham Perimeter Park is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled