Responsible for soliciting business with present and future
clients and for negotiating contracts with clients to sell hotel room blocks
and meeting space. Represent the property at industry-related trade and travel
shows. Responsible for personnel-related matters for the Sales staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
Solicit business and negotiate contracts and
supplier services with clients to sell convention and meeting space and hotel
• Manager personnel matters of the Sales team including but
not limited to interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, coaching,
counseling, evaluating, and discharging.
• Travel extensively by various modes of transportation to
trade shows and meet with clients in domestic and foreign destinations.
• Utilize flexible scheduling to meet requirements of a
• Conduct presentations to small to large audiences.
• Achieves budgeted revenue goals by developing and
implementing sales strategies
• Monitor achievement of sales goals by reviewing weekly and
monthly sales activities
• Qualify prospective leads as to profitability
• Negotiate with clients to achieve maximum profit while
satisfying guest needs by overseeing the coordination of various departments’
activities related to booked business
• Plans and participates in sales blitzes. Survey, review
and analyze competition, market trends, guest needs and comments in order to
develop new sales strategies.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory controls and the
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Seven (7) years of experience in a similar position
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Must have exceptional communication, interpersonal, customer
service, and negotiating skills.
• Must be able to maneuver luggage, boxes, and portable
displays, alone or assisted, for setup and/ or dismantling; ability to climb.
• Extended periods of standing and/or walking during trade
• Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses
Valley Forge Casino Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled