Bambucha Kombucha is looking for an entrepreneurial and high-energy individual to join our team as a Brewer at our San Diego Brewery. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of growing the Bambucha brand and have the ability to take on greater responsibility as the company grows.
Upholding Bambucha's company values and representing Bambucha with enthusiasm and confidence. Ensuring a safe workplace Collecting, analyzing, and databasing quality control data. This involves both in-process and post-production quality control monitoring and analysis.
Performing standardized analytical testing which includes but is not limited to: pH, gravity, dissolved carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, seam analysis, ABV, flavor, and shelf-life. This includes organizing and tracking analytical data.
Monitoring packaged Booch quality in bottles, cans, and kegs – including packaging material quality according to established protocols. This includes working with Brewery personnel to determine root cause and possible solutions for analytical issue.
Adhering to the Quality Management System and providing inputs toward continually improving its scope and effectiveness
Continuing his/his/her education as needed to fill gaps in technical and managerial knowledge.
Maintaining some brewery equipment to minimize unplanned downtime delays.
Monitoring Key Process Indicators (KPIs)Analyzing and communicating production results
Performing brewery tasks that include but are not limited to CIP, brewing, transfers, bottling, kegging, and maintaining accurate brew log data
Tasting finished product and determining whether it meets flavor and carbonation quality thresholds
Maintaining accurate and detailed brew log data
Maintaining inventories of raw and finished goods
Following proper operating procedures and cleaning
This is a full-time and non-exempt position. The position will periodically require long hours and non-regular work hours.
- Experience operating all aspects of ABE canning line: filling, CIP, troubleshooting, & maintenance a big plus.
- Operates the main brewery’s Canning and kegging line(s) following all established policies and procedures.
- Performs daily clean-up and maintenance of the equipment and floors in the packaging and warehouse areas.
- Monitors cleaning cycles for proper concentration, pressures, and efficiency.
- Analyzes the brewery and packaging equipment, components, raw materials, and end products communicating recommendations for change accordingly.
- Hooks up correct bright tanks aseptically; isolates brands to result in minimal losses.
- Keeps the line running in an efficient manner; minimizing lost production time.
- Using the forklift, unloads empty cooperage or other loads as requested.
- Coordinates with the Warehouse Manager regarding the prompt storage of finished goods and delivery of empty kegs to the kegging area.
- Sanitizes the beer lines and ensures the packaging equipment is ready for the next day’s production.
- Maintains and rebuilds cooperage as needed.
- Complies with all safety and health regulations
- Upholding Bambucha's company values and representing Bambucha with enthusiasm and confidence.
- This is a full-time and non-exempt position. The position will periodically require long hours and non-regular work hours.
- Education: A combination of coursework and on-the job training that provides the technical skills necessary to understand all aspects of brewing.
- Experience: He/she will have at least 2 years’ experience working in a production environment as direct labor operating production equipment and following SOPs. Preferred experience: at least 1 year of hands-on experience at a brewery producing no less than 5,000 BBL/year where he/she will have experienced all aspects of brewing including recipe development and pilot brewing, scaling, full production, packaging and quality control.
- License or Certification: It is preferred this person hold one or more certificates in brewing from an accredited program.
- Specialized Skills: He/she must be able to perform all SOPs and have been trained and certified in the use of all machinery including forklifts. It is preferred that he/she be proficient in the use of various quality assurance tools to measure ABV, specific gravity, etc. and that he/she have a well-developed palate that is able to make distinctions among flavors, ingredients, fermentation characteristics, and aging/storage methods.
- Physical Requirements: He/she must able to perform physical activities which include but are not limited to lifting, bending over, kneeling, twisting, climbing on ladders, stooping, crouching, and routinely lifting up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to a 100 lbs. He/she may be required to stand for up to 4 hours at a time. This person is expected to use/operate latches, hand tools, clamps, hoses, pumps, valves, etc., that will require dexterity, manipulation and hand-eye coordination. He/she must be able to work anytime within a 1st or 2nd shift window with the occasional overnight and/or weekend coverage. He/she will be expected to occasionally handle hazardous chemicals.
Bambucha is dedicated to chef crafting the most balanced, delicious, raw/live kombucha possible. We are USDA certified organic and create effervescent, low sugar, gluten free beverages without sacrificing flavor. By upholding the highest food standards, our products provide a beverage solution for people looking to make better drinking decisions.
Bambucha was launched in 2016 and has it’s non-alcoholic kombucha in great natural grocers like Jimbo’s, Lazy Acres, Erewhon, Cardiff Seaside Market and many restaurants, cafes, and corporate dining locations throughout San Diego, Orange County and LA.