Job Code 035 Job Title Lead Bartender/Bar Supervisor
Department Food and Beverage - FOH Reports to Food and Beverage Manager
Purpose; We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: Entry level management position that leads and directs bar/beverage operations and activities to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Controls the sales and profitability of the bar/beverage operation.
- Establishes and monitors standards for bar including but not limited to personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, advertising, and publicity.
- Establishes and maintains effective revenue management techniques to maximize revenues; reviews and analyzes financial statements.
- Develops, implements, and monitors budget; oversees all accounting functions.
- Monitors overall condition of bar, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to patrons, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure bar is performing at established standards.
- Ensures that patrons’ needs are fulfilled and their experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to patrons’ feedback, including complaints/problems.
- Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Maintains food and beverage history including but not limited to sales mix and history, actual/potential costs, bar stock, and production time.
- Possesses and maintains through an understanding of the industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure bar remains current.
- Ensures all food and beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations.
- Possesses and maintains a thorough knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of every wine/champagne on the wine list and by the glass; all designated glassware/garnishes for drinks; all menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, presentation, and prices.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all patrons.
- Supervises motivates, and develops bar staff; works with Food and Beverage Manager to manage schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently work in high, precarious places
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Occasionally loud noise
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.