We transform the way people use energy.
About the Organization
We’re a leading energy efficiency enterprise. We believe in the good things efficiency brings to our lives, and we come to work every day to make the world a better place – starting in our own province. We have successfully helped hundreds of thousands of families, businesses, non-profits, and institutions transform how they use energy – and we will continue to lead the way in the transition to a low-carbon future. Not only are we deeply committed to climate change, but we are also a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has achieved over $1 billion in energy savings and contributed over 24% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs. We understand that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/.
Why you’ll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about its employees.
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- A holistic benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges are hosted throughout the year.
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of net-zero carbon by 2050.
If you want to be part of an organization with an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero and help build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with us? Reach out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their firsthand experience at EfficiencyOne.
The Office Coordinator will support the HR and Infrastructure department and other departments as required across the organization and will be responsible for coordinating and communicating office activities, reception duties, supplies and stationery, health regulations, general troubleshooting, along with some health and safety activities.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Responsible to coordinate the joint occupational health and safety committee activities such as meetings and minutes, overseeing site and home office hazard assessment completion, and tracking and reporting of KPIs, ergonomic assessments, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating office and information security activities such as maintaining office security access, controlling staffing, contractor security training and compliance, and EfficiencyOne staff compliance with document handling privacy and security requirements.
- Responsible to oversee facilities budget, expenditures, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Responsible for EfficiencyOne-issued mobile devices, bring-your-own-device, and mobile device security compliance.
- Responsible to manage the ‘Greetly System’ and is the primary point of contact for all visitors, deliveries, etc., during office hours.
- Responsible for all general office duties such as handling all incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages in an efficient and cost-effective manner, coordinating office activities/events, ordering and maintaining supplies and stationery, etc.
What Will Help You Succeed?
- A high school diploma or a diploma in office administration or in a related field, and or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and have
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and work independently or within a team.
- Experience with and proficiency with all MS Office applications (including Teams and SharePoint)
is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one
that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications
from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons
with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual
orientations, and gender identities