Job Code 035 Job Title Director of Food and Beverage
Department Food and Beverage - FOH Reports to General Manager
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: The Director of Food and oversees and leads all day to day food and beverage operations and will work closely with the Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality operation and teams to ensure positive food and beverage experience and financial performance, a positive cultural environment for associates as well as delivering a consistent positive homeowner and member experience.
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of all food served at the club.
- Work with the homeowners, members and/or their guests in booking and executing special events.
- Provide input for special occasions, fun events and programs for the membership and will work with the Homeowner Clubs to provide food and beverage services to all club functions.
- Hire, train, and supervise all food and beverage associates
- Work in conjunction with Executive Chef to maintain food costs at budget levels.
- Responsible for all front of the house food and beverage inventories.
- Responsible for achieving club profitability and operational goals.
- Oversight and bottom-line responsibility of food and beverage (restaurant and events).
- Monitor the performance of all daily operations assuring club departments are keeping with the highest standards. This would include associates' morale, communication and a functional organizational structure where all players in the team know their responsibilities and who to report to.
- Develop the weekly work schedule for personnel and manage the payroll of such staff within budgeted levels.
- Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of all food service areas.
- Developing budgets and after approval of a budget, maintain adequate controls to operate within said budget.
- Develops, maintains and disseminates Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality management and operational philosophy to guide all food and beverage personnel toward optimal operating results, associates morale and member satisfaction.
- Implement Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality has proven marketing and member relations programs to promote the club’s services and facilities to potential and present members, including newsletters and other external communications. Delivers and promotes prompt, friendly service to all members and their guests, making them feel welcomed and part of the club family.
- Maintains Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality associate policy; initiates and monitors policies relating to personnel actions, performance reviews, and training and professional development programs.
- Maintains membership with the applicable professional associations.
- Assists in the development of operating and capital budgets according to the budget calendar; monitors monthly and other financial statements for the club; takes effective corrective action as required.
- Monitors Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality compliance with food safety and purchasing policies.
- Consistently ensures that the club is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of all the club’s physical assets and facilities.
- Gives direction to and works closely with vendors, outside contractors, firms and individuals providing services to the club.
- Handle guest relations issues as needed.
- Represent Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality to a wide variety of constituents; including community and political leaders, professional and seasonal staff, prospective clients, concessionaires and vendors in a professional, friendly and knowledgeable manner.
- Performs other duties as directed by Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality Team.
Direct: Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality – General Manager
Must have direct experience in all key aspects of food & beverage.
Passion for the business food-beverage with established experience in food and beverage operations. The ideal candidate will be self-starter, highly organized with strong attention to detail and will have strong written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, the Director of Food and Beverage will be proficient with technology, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Passionate about Food and Beverage Business
- Must love People – We are in the People Business
- Must have a Positive Personality, we work together and want to enjoy our time together
- Must be Team player within the Up to Par Organization
- Must use R&I – Be resourceful and take initiative to accomplish tasks
- Must take full responsibility for food and beverage
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure the associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.