This position assists staff with execution of programs and providing a positive, healthy and safe environment for the public and care of the animals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Interact with the participants, engage in activities, be a positive role model and provide appropriate leadership to program/camp participants
· Know the location of campers while on-site
· Provide District information to the participant regarding the preserves/facility operations, recreational opportunities, rules and regulations
· Keep neat and accurate records including incident/injury reports, equipment damage reports, documentation of issues, etc.
· Aid program staff during recreational programs including, but not limited to games, arts & crafts, horse handling, lectures, etc.
· Perform as first responder to emergency situations
· Assist with facility operations including upkeep of amenities and barn chores
· Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: May - August 20th; 40 hours per week (hours may vary and can include weekends and holidays).
Related Experience: Experience with handling horses preferred.
Special training or other license, certification,etc.: CPR/1st Aid; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Handling and care of horses, dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; knowledge of District rules, and policies and safety procedures.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
Mandated Reporter – Abused and Neglected Child Reporting
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled