Construction Laborers perform tasks involving physical labor at construction projects. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials, etc. May assist other craft workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Performing a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction projects.
- Maintaining a clean job site: picking up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Handling and storing materials
- Shoveling, raking, seeding, checking grade, etc
- Loading and unloading trucks and hauling and hoisting materials
- Ensuring that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed; bringing problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director, or HR Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint, or throw an object. Excellent stamina is required. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt. The noise level in the work environment is generally loud.
100% employer paid health insurance for the employee, the employer also contributes towards dependent coverage. Employer paid Life & AD&D insurance policy $10,000. Teladoc telephone/online doctor visit service paid by the employer. Access to PTO within 90 days. 401K - employer matches 50% up to 6% of the employee's salary.
Group rates for dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD, LTD, critical illness and accident insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Highland Turf, Inc. t/a HTI Contractors is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled