Are you ready to work for a compassionate team? Do you provide the best accurate, timely patient results and amazingly kind customer care?
If so Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. is the place for you!
Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. (HHL) is seeking a Full-time Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT). HHL services Long Term healthcare and Rehabilitation facilities by providing laboratory services. Loving our patients is our top priority and we are actively looking for employees who feel the same way.
This shift DAY SHIFT role, is 4 days a week, 9 hours per shift with a 30-minute lunch. The shift start time will vary from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM depending on bench assignment. The requirements for working holidays are no fewer than two per year, one major and one minor. (Major are Christmas and Thanksgiving. Minor are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day). Training will be done Monday through Friday and will take 6 to 8 weeks.
HHL provides excellent benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac, 401K, Flex Spending, 529 College Savings, Life Insurance, EAP, and Wellness Program.
Summary of Position:
The CLS provides comprehensive laboratory testing for patients. The position consists of providing a quality, accurate, and timely laboratory results.
- Understands the value of teamwork and takes an active role as a positive teammate.
- Provides the highest level of patient care and compassion.
- Perform a variety of laboratory procedure requiring independent judgment using both manual and automated methods in Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Microbiology, Molecular and Immunochemistry, and any other discipline as introduced into the laboratory.
- Analyzes patients, controls and proficiency specimens and report results in a timely manner according to lab policy.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and/or technical competencies of each department.
- Calibrates, performs maintenance, operates and troubleshoots instrumentation issues and completes documentation.
- Able to identify issues that may adversely affect test performance and either corrects the problem or notifies the supervisor immediately.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all supplies. Accurately prepares, labels and stores reagents, standards, controls and specimens for analysis.
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, OSHA, and HIPAA guidelines.
- Works at a fast pace with extreme accuracy.
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure patient care and teamwork is our highest priority.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree in CLS, MLS, MT from an accredited institution or a BS in Biological, Physical, Chemical science.
- Graduate of a CLSI approved training program.
- Prefer registration by ASCP, NAA, HEW or equivalent or within one year of hire.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the clinical laboratory.
- Practical Microbiology experience preferred.