The Senior Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day general ledger maintenance and preparation of the Company’s financial statements under the supervision of the Director of Accounting and Vice President of Accounting and Financial Reporting. The position offers significant long-term growth potential for individuals that excel in a fast-paced and ever-changing working environment. This individual will perform a wide variety of advanced accounting activities including accounting research, analysis of new accounting standards, SEC reporting support and the preparation of financial statements and management reports that require the application of professional accounting standards and follow established company policies and procedures.
- Performs the day-to-day general ledger accounting activities including but not limited to those related to fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, foreign currency translation, treasury and cash management, accounts payable and inventory.
- Produces and prepares the Company’s annual, quarterly and monthly close documentation including maintaining orderly records and files, preparation of the Company’s consolidated financial statements, reconciliation, and analysis of general ledger accounts, fluctuation analysis, etc.
- Prepares accurate schedules and supporting documentation for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and support quarterly SEC reporting process.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching applicable US GAAP, preparing accounting white papers and identifying trends or issues for review with accounting management
- Creates and ensures maintenance of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP and organizational governance.
- Maintains and ensures the operation of an effective internal control environment and up to date documentation of internal controls, regularly reviewing key business processes and recommending improvements where necessary.
- Drives continuous improvement by designing, recommending, implementing and maintaining strategies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations.
- Interprets contract language, ensuring compliance within accounting guidance and advising senior management of findings.
- Processes large volumes of transactions and reconciles and collects supporting documentation for review by senior accounting personnel.
- Provides external auditors with timely and accurate supporting documents and schedules for both SOX and Financial Audits.
- Partners with the accounting team to coordinate month-end closing schedule and to ensure clean and timely period end reporting.
- Supports operational project management in the analysis and accounting for long-term customer programs.
- Assists in the oversight of inventory and manufacturing-related transactions, including costing, physical inventory counts, system maintenance, valuation processes, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of US GAAP and other relevant accounting, tax, and regulatory guidance and standards.
- Assist with special projects as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance; advanced degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of progressive accounting and/or audit experience is required, public accounting experience in audit or consulting services is preferred.
- CPA candidate or designation required.
- ERP software system accounting and reporting experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite of products.
- Advanced understanding and the ability to apply the US generally accepted accounting principles and Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and balance priorities. Strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results.
- Flexibility to take on tasks supporting any function in accounting or other related areas.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including technical writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build professional relationships with accounting and cross-functional teams while facilitating a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of process optimization.
- Experience with technical accounting research, implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards and white paper preparation preferred.
- Experience with public company reporting requirements, manufacturing and/or Sarbanes-Oxley control environments preferred.
Some weekend and evening work may be required to meet deadlines. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires typing and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled