Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LICSW or Eligible)
School-based Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will bring unique knowledge and skills to the school system and the student services team. LCSW are trained mental health professionals who can assist with mental health concerns, behavioral concerns, positive behavioral support, academic, and classroom support, consultation with teachers, parents, and administrators as well as provide individual and group counseling/therapy. LCSW will be instrumental in furthering the mission of the schools which is to provide a setting for teaching, learning, and for the attainment of competence and confidence. In addition, LCSW will work to enhance the school's ability to meet its academic mission, especially where home, school and community collaboration is the key to achieving student success.
Remote Telemedicine Services and In-person Services at various schools in the Birmingham Metro Area as well as in our clinics.
- Participating in special education assessment meetings as well as individual Educational Planning Meetings
- Working with those problems in a child's living situation that affect the child’s adjustment in school. (home, school, and community)
- Preparing a social or developmental history on a child with a disability.
- Counseling (group, individual and/or family)
- Mobilizing family, school, and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in his or her educational program
- Assisting in developing positive behavioral intervention strategies.
SERVICES TO STUDENTS:
- Providing crisis intervention.
- Developing intervention strategies to increase academic success.
- Assisting with conflict resolution and anger management.
- Helping the child develop appropriate social interaction skills.
- Assisting the child in understanding and accepting self and others.
SERVICES TO PARENT/FAMILIES:
- Working with parents to facilitate their support in their children's school adjustment.
- Alleviating family stress to enable the child to function more effectively in school &community.
- Assisting parents to access programs available to students with special needs.
- Assisting parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources.
SERVICES TO SCHOOL PERSONNEL:
- Providing staff with essential information to better understand factors (cultural, societal, economic, familial, health, etc.) affecting a student’s performance and behavior.
- Assessing students with mental health concerns.
- Developing staff in-service training programs.
- Assisting teachers with behavior management.
- Providing direct support to staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Masters of Social Work Degree from an accredited program required
Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
3-5 years of Clinical Social Work experience
Pediatric or School-based experience preferred
Medicine Assisted Treatment (MAT) experience a plus
Bilingual, a plus
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be team oriented as well as able to work solo
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and compassion for children
Must be able communicate will with students, parents, and administrators, written and verbally.
Must have excellent computer skills.
Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as is related to member treatment, patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.