SUMMARY: Person who operates rides and attractions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely operate designated rides and attractions
- Ensure appropriate tickets or wristbands are presented for admission
- Observe and assist guests on ride to ensure riders are seated properly and safety restraints are secure
- Provide exceptional guest service
- Maintain the cleanliness of the ride, ride area, and the entire park
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Should have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Should have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Have the ability to write simple correspondence. Have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Should have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Should have the ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand
- Use of hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Reach, bend and assist patrons.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works:
- Near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally in high places
- In hot, cold, humid or wet conditions
- Work with cleaning chemicals
- Required to stand or sit for long periods
- Work environment noise level is usually loud
- Available to work flexible hours.