Whittier Trust is the oldest and largest privately owned multi-family office headquartered on the West Coast. Providing exceptional client service and highly customized investment solutions for high net worth individuals and their families to help them reach their long-term goals is our only mission.
Our staff of 170 dedicated professionals works with 365 clients and their families to deliver a broad array of services including investment management and consulting, fiduciary, philanthropic and family office. Our founding family’s century-long history of energy and real estate investing continue to guide our activities for clients today. Entrusted with $12 billion of private family assets, our teams employ a consulting approach to tailor solutions for complex family situations.
Whittier Trust attracts professionals who want to spend the vast majority of their day in service to our clients. Our organization is flat, nimble and uniquely attuned to the needs and desires of both today’s entrepreneurs as well as legacy family members who may be several generations removed from the wealth creators. Our corporate culture is one of client-focus, collaboration, performance and accountability, family orientation and long-term career satisfaction. Employee turnover is very low – evidencing a high level of engagement and career fulfillment.
Whittier Trust seeks professionals with two to five years of experience in a similar role looking for a position with a top tier wealth management firm that caters to high net worth individuals. The Real Estate Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to several members of the Real Estate team. The incumbent is expected to work both independently and as a team member to perform a wide variety of supportive administrative duties that are essential to the success of the firm, the real estate management team, and ultimately, the client. The management of real estate assets is for the person who enjoys working with people and realizes that hard work and a positive approach will reap great rewards.
- Processing rent receipts, rent rolls and distributions
- Invoice processing
- Manage the overall cash flow of the partnership properties
- Compose general correspondence
- Scan documents into Laserfiche (WTC’s electronic document storage software)
- Data entry
- Answering phones on behalf of the Real Estate Team
- Performs special projects and additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Superior skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic financial and accounting skills.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to manage and prioritize multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- 2-5 years of real estate experience
- Ability to learn new processes and programs
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong people skills
- High integrity with a diligent work ethic
- Team/people oriented
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
We are committed to our employees by delivering an exceptional compensation platform. This includes a competitive base salary, performance bonus, and great benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability and a generous 401(k) plan.
If you are interested in pursuing an opportunity to contribute to this type of environment, we look forward to having you apply.
For more information, please visit www.whittiertrust.com.