- The assembly team member will work as part of a team, led by the production manager, to prepare, assemble, and package meals per day for lunch and supper programs in local schools and summer camps.
- They will support the pack out of fruits and snacks for the following day’s orders.
- They will fulfill all orders and accurately count items.
- They will keep their space clean and organized at all times.
- The assembly team member will maintain proper rotation of products at all times.
- They will inspect all items for quality and bring issues to the attention of the Assistant Director.
- They will support the Assistant Director with tasks associated with next day production. They will participate in the clean-up of the kitchen after production.
- They will monitor food quality standards at all times
- The assembly team member reports directly to the Assistant Director and assists with any additional responsibilities necessary for the production and distribution of the meals.
- The position also carries the responsibility of supporting the administrative processes of the Fresh Food Factor HACCP program.
- The production assembly team member will provide accurate documentation of temperature logging of all perishable food they handle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains consistency in food quality standards.
- Follows recipes.
- Cleans area as you work.
- Completes and follows prep list in a timely manner.
- Helps with the daily clean up of the kitchen and workspace.
- Packs out meals on pack-out line.
- Uses preventive maintenance on all kitchen equipment.
- Complies with all state health and safety codes and maintains a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen area.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- Follows all company policy and procedures as outlined in the Employee handbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to physically perform the requirements of the job.
- Read, Write and Speak basic English.
- Practices safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil skills.
- Works well with others and participates as part of a team.
All applicants must pass background, reference, and drug screens, and present a current MVR printout.
The employee may be required to perform work while sitting, standing, bending and walking.
Ability to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled