Title: Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Location: Chandler, Arizona
As a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer based in our Chandler, AZ headquarters, you will team up with a Firefly Meraki Sales team to assist with technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities.
You will utilize your in-depth knowledge of Meraki Cloud Networking solutions to demonstrate competitive advantages over industry players to prospective customers. This position provides career development through the direct daily interaction with customers and includes opportunities to travel in the territory for customers and visits, and the internal cross function collaboration with the Product Management, Technical Marketing, and Sales teams.
- Act as a technical resource to the Firefly Cisco Meraki Sales team for all technical pre-sales activities and product-related inquiries
- You will conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical questions, contribute to proposals, analyze clients' needs, and develop technical solutions in a pre-sales environment
- Become the technical subject matter expert on Meraki Cloud Networking products, features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at different levels of clients (from IT Manager to CTO)
- Maintain strong interpersonal presentation and troubleshooting skills while evoking passion and confidence with your audience
- Work with the Firefly Meraki Sales team on strategic sales initiatives (customer outreach, Channel training, etc.) to grow business in targeted regions
- Understand customer and partner requirements to then successfully present and deploy full stack Meraki networking solutions
- Create design/deployment guides for both external and internal audiences
- Systems Engineers at Firefly are a critical component of the sales team and as such, are compensated on the results of the team they support
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of 1-3 years in a sales engineering capacity or 1-3 years in an enterprise networking engineering/administration role
- Expert knowledge in full stack networking, wireless site surveys, large campus network design, network security strategies, capacity planning, and common networking deployment challenges
- Expert knowledge in end-to-end network troubleshooting, including packet level analysis via Wireshark/pcap, packet construction, etc.
- Familiarity with UTM/security features and functionality (IDS/IPS, dynamic VPN's, content filtering, packet inspection, NAC, ACL's, QoS)
- Familiarity with WAN design (MPLS, BGP, IP VPN's)
- Familiarity with campus LAN design including building redundant networks, routing protocol design, and high availability strategies (multicast, VLAN's, RSTP, OSPF, VRRP, DHCP, TCP, UDP, ARP, DSCP, AAA/RADIUS)
- Familiarity with wireless networking fundamentals including site survey activities, high density planning/troubleshooting, and roaming (802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WPA2, 802.1x, EAP, 802.11r, PMK, OKC, 802.11e/WMM, BYOD)
- Captive portal design, JSON, REST, XML, SAML, and SQL
- Understanding technical sales activities, challenges, and enablement strategies
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- CCNA, CWNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE are a plus
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Firefly is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Firefly will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records