Carillon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, a short-term rehabilitation/long-term care skilled Nursing facility located in Huntington, NY is currently seeking a Part-Time Recreation/Activities Leader to join our dynamic team of caring professionals.
Responsibilities include care planning, computerized documentation, and participation in multi-disciplinary resident progress meetings. Will lead/co-lead activity programs for a diverse nursing home and rehabilitation population. Additional duties include escort of residents to activities, mail delivery, assisting with resident community trips, etc.
- High School/GED, Associate Degree or higher preferred in Recreation or a related field.
- Prior experience in long-term care, community day care, etc. Dedication to the elderly, medically frail, persons with dementia.
- Must have an outgoing, friendly, person-centered personality.
- Must be able to develop and independently facilitate both group and individual activities.
- Must be able to complete recreational needs assessments and develop individualized care plans for residents.
- Must be able to maintain accurate statistical reports of all activities conducted.
- Must be able to transport/escort residents to various locations throughout the facility for recreational pursuits.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Background in music, creative arts, etc. a plus.
- Previous experience in Recreational Therapy/ Activities preferred.
Carillon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center blends a relaxing setting with sophisticated care to help you enjoy many great years ahead. We offer comprehensive, state-of-the-art short-term, sub-acute, and long-term rehabilitation and nursing services, all delivered by a high-level team who uses the most advanced technology and treatment protocols in the industry.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We are an EOE