Senior Data Scientist for Pinpoint Predictive
Pinpoint Predictive is a VC and Stanford StartX-funded company that is actively seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Data Scientist to join our core team. This role represents a unique, ground-floor opportunity to make your mark on our platform and company.
You are a passionate data scientist with an excellent background in statistics; you’re well versed in Python and machine learning, and thrive on resolving complex problems with elegant, computationally efficient solutions. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in data science, data engineering, product, and advisors, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in human psychology, and in what truly motivates individual differences in behavior in the digital world and beyond. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
Pinpoint Predictive has brought to market the first privacy-safe and commercial applications of Psychometric AI-powered targeting and analytics. Our Thinkalike™ rankings are able to significantly outperform lookalike audiences in several ways on important platforms. We are working with a range of paying customers, including Fortune 500 accounts.
Pinpoint is uniquely situated to disrupt people predictions with Psychometric AI, first in marketing personalization, and later across several other important sectors of the economy, including financial services and recommender systems. Bringing to market a first scalable, scientific standard in people data will also disrupt the way that people predictions are made across countries.
Pinpoint was founded by an internationally recognized expert in heritable psychometric traits, and has attracted strong talent in big-data psychometrics, data science, engineering, product, operations, and finance. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package of cash + equity + excellent benefits.
- 3-5 years proven track record as a Data Scientist working with large data-sets, from prototyping to business impact
- Deep understanding of machine learning and statistical methods with their underlying theory and math
- Demonstrated experience in building, deploying, and showing business value from predictive models and data products
- Demonstrated experience building recommender systems (e.g. collaborative filtering or content-based recommenders)
- Proficiency in Python; experience with R is a plus; also, Java or other programming language experience would be valuable.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Solid software development experience, including translating ML models into production software, especially in collaboration with other engineers
- MS or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline, especially Statistics, Math, or similar
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-armed bandits, MCMC, variational methods, Probabilistic programming (e.g. PyMC, Stan, Edward, Bugs), linear programs, quadratic programs, control theory, reinforcement learning
- Experience with Bayesian learning techniques
- Experience with optimization techniques and ranking algorithms is also desirable
- Experience with deep learning, neural networks
- Experience with distributed machine-learning frameworks, like Spark, etc.
- Resourceful self-starter and team player with strong leadership skills
- Uncompromising attention to details
- Proven ability to be creative and resourceful in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be comfortable working independently
- React well and quickly to frequent project demands and requirement changes
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and communication skills and positive attitude working with customers and partners
- Entrepreneurial spirit
We’re growing quickly and hope you’ll join us. Come and learn with the best and help us turn data into real-world impact. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Mateo, two blocks from the train station and dozens of restaurants, and bike friendly.