The Activity Aide will be responsible for assisting the Activity Director in planning, coordinating, and directing the residents’ activity program. The Activity Aide collaborates with the Activity Director in organizing various employee and non-employee events for the facility.
- Facilitate both individual and group activities based on the individual needs of the residents.
- Ensure that multiple activities are occurring for both high and low functioning residents.
- Assist with a scheduling beauty parlor and barber activities.
- Provide activities for residents that are bedridden and/or unable to participate in group activities (one to one) and document in the appropriate record.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly calendar and posting in an area accessible, highly visible and frequented by residents and visitors. A calendar should also be provided to each resident and posted in the room. Assist with the newsletter.
- Participate in community events related to the interest of the facility.
- Assist residents to and from activities and keep track of daily logs to document participation
- Assist with activity program including Residents’ Council and night and weekend activities as needed.
- Deliver resident mail daily, including Saturday (or designee will deliver resident mail).
- Participate in other related activities as assigned by the Activity Director
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent
- The ideal candidate will possess a Certified Nurse Aide certification through the State
- Previous experience working in a skilled nursing facility and must enjoy working and engaging with the geriatric population
- Must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled