You will be “To the Top” with our company! A rare opportunity to work for the best! Heritage Properties Incorporated is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Maintenance Tech for Laurelwood Apartments, a 152-unit Class A apartment community, in Laurel, MS. If you have a proven track record of successful apartment maintenance operations, Heritage Properties invites you to apply for this position. A minimum of 2 years of experience and EPA certification is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- HVAC repairs and installation, light electrical duties, basic plumbing, general building maintenance, and troubleshooting, make ready scheduling, pool maintenance, and the ability to take call for emergencies after hours.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Diagnoses and performs on a daily basis minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable)
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Door locks, mailboxes, and locks
- Controlled access systems (where applicable)
- Ceiling leaks and walls
- Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Changes locks and make ready keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from the storage area to the apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant.
- Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to the dumpster when necessary. Use a dolly or back support belt.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating same.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the manager or property supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Position requires at least 2 years’ experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
- Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Weekends as circumstances warrant; on-call on a rotating basis and for emergencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Type 1 and 2 EPA certification required