Do you have experience leading a sales team to drive profitable growth? Do you have a passion for helping salespeople and customers increase their performance? Come and join a fast-growing company that is recognized as a leader in the Railing industry.
Fortress Railing Products is hiring a Regional Sales Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a sales team to achieve sales targets, set and achieve key objectives, work with key customers, collaborate with the Sales Management team to improve the sales process, provide feedback to management, and analyze and report sales trends.
Direct Reports: Independent Sales Representatives (ISRs) & Territory Managers (TMs)
Overview: The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will drive sales and gross margin growth in his / her region through effective management of sales team resources and effective execution of company strategies and responsibilities.
Location: The position will be based out of a home office and require regular travel, so the Regional Sales Manager will need to be based near a major airport either in the Central or Western United States.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can effectively:
- Problem solve quickly and anticipate needs
- Analyze sales data and trends to determine the action
- Develop sales plans and hold people accountable to achieve plans
- Coach, mentor, and lead salespeople
- Communicate well and comprehensively with a variety of people
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-actively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the customer and the business
- Work regularly and collaboratively with different departments and functions on projects, key initiatives, and to achieve sales targets
Our Core Values:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Primarily responsible for achieving objectives (financial and otherwise) in the region
- Setting priorities and expectations for Territory Managers and Sales Representatives
- Holding TM’s & ISR’s accountable for Sales Numbers, Sales Reports, Sales Promotions, Market Input or any other needed programs and information.
- Setting and maintaining an accurate and reliable forecast for each respective territory within their region and a cumulative forecast for the region.
- Ensuring clear and consistent communication with TM’s & ISR’s
- Ensuring that TM’s & ISR’s represent Fortress Railing Products in a way that is professional and consistent with the strategy.
- Ensuring that TM’s & ISR’s develop a pull through sales approach that integrates all levels of the sales channel.
- Coaching TM’s & ISR’s in sales techniques, presentation, and overall territory management.
- Ensuring that the distributor partners, dealers, and contractors are well trained on Fortress product by ISR’s, TM’s and/or SM’s.
- Conducting an annual review with Key Distributor Partners.
- Relaying region-specific marketing opportunities to the Product Managers and Management.
- RSM’s are responsible for determining and coordinating regional trade show opportunities and ensuring that products are effectively displayed and promoted at regional and local trade shows by Fortress and/or channel partner.
- Managing sales expenses for the region
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in sales management
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled