Job Title: Field Technician
Location: Georgia – Metro Atlanta Area
Type: Temporary (no set end date) with potential to go permanent.
Hours: 40 hours / week -- The systems operate 24/7/365 and may require availability after normal working hours.
Salary: $20 / hour, with room for future growth.
Our Client is a leading provider of automated traffic safety enforcement solutions to state and local government jurisdictions across the United States.
The Field Technician is responsible for ensuring the continuous operation of our automated systems through the application of preventative maintenance, and on-demand trouble-shooting activities. Based out of Metro Atlanta, the position will primarily cover systems deployed at our clients in Metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. This is a field-service position which will be mainly working outdoors using various company supplied work vehicles and tools depending on the task and type of enforcement system.
- Daily monitoring of system performance through status reports and other reporting metrics
- On-site maintenance, troubleshooting and repair relating to electrical, mechanical, diesel engine problems.
- Plan and execute scheduled maintenance and calibration activities
- Perform audits on maintenance and calibration logs
- Remotely access field-systems to verify/adjust camera settings and/or LiDAR detector parameters
- Communication with Director of Operations via detailed report or meeting on repair/maintenance activities and any other relevant issues on a daily basis
- 2+ years of experience in similar technical service position
- Must have valid drivers License
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Automation, Electronics, Mechanical, or similar field of study
- Knowledge of engine repair and maintenance.
- Experience in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical hardware issues
- Diagnose and repair both AC and DC circuit assemblies and components
- Ability to interpret and understand electrical wiring diagrams
- Understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work conducted without direct supervision
- Troubleshooting and repairing computer-controlled diesel generators
- Ability to solder and/or repair PCB’s
- Demonstrated skill in both identifying and resolving systematic issues
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.