Job Code: 005 Job Title: Heritage Hunt Golf Course Mechanic
Department: Golf Mechanic / Grounds / Landscape, Maintenance Reports to: General Manager / Superintendent
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
We’re looking for an energetic self-motivated and committed Golf Course Mechanic to work at Heritage Hunt that is looking to build a career with our quickly growing Professional Hospitality Management Firm.
Join the Up to Par Team as we continue to deliver on our core purpose, to Positively Impact Others.
Role: The equipment mechanic reports to the golf course superintendent and/or the assistant golf course superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program. This program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The equipment mechanic properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent and/or the assistant superintendent, and schedules and directs the work assignments of the assistant equipment mechanic. The equipment mechanic places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
Job Title: Heritage Hunt Golf Course Mechanic
Job Location: Gainesville, VA
Location Name: Heritage Hunt Country Club
Job Category: Full Time – Salaried position
Projected Start Date: 8/26/2019
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Additional voluntary benefits at discounted rates, including Auto and Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Discounts on select cell phone services, travel, and more.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment, including, diesel-, electric- and gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment used in utility work.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Valid driver's license required.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- High School graduate or equivalent GED.
- Trade school training as a small engine mechanic.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to play the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
About the Company:
Up to Par Management, and its subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.