As a condition of employment, all Curio Wellness employees must comply with the State of Maryland requirements which include providing a copy of your fingerprints in the required format and consenting to an FBI Background check and Drug Screen.
Trim Associates are responsible for all aspects of plant processing from crop harvest through packaging and labeling of the final product ready for customer sale as outlined by the Curio management team.
All qualified applicants will be trained in the use of equipment for trimming and packaging. Trim Associates report to the Post Harvest Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
Assisting in the post-harvest plant processing of medical cannabis. This will be accomplished by performing various tasks:
Fanleaf removal, drying, trimming, curing, weighing, packaging, labeling, recording, inspection of product in addition to; cleaning and sanitation.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Hand trim fan leaves from medical marijuana plants before harvest using shears, scissors, etc.
- Operate a trimming machine (if needed) to remove the guard and/ or sugar leaves from medical marijuana.
- Weigh, package, label, record/track medical cannabis for distribution.
- Take instructions and help out on tasks delegated by the Trim Lead, Post Harvest Manager and management team.
- Work in a quick and efficient manner.
- Maintain a culture of professionalism and service.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, access protocols, dress code, and work schedules.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be 21
- Must pass a background check
- Previous experience in plant processing preferred:
- Speed and precision with scissors and attention to detail
- Keen eye and knowledge of pest and disease identification
- General knowledge of weights and measurement
- Ability to multi-task and maintain work consistency on a daily basis
- High attention to detail
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and sound judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Standing/sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to handle stress
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance
Education & Knowledge:
- No previous experience necessary
- Basic scientific understanding of weights, packaging and quality control
- High school graduate
- Evening/night/weekend work may be required
Curio Wellness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time