US Lacrosse Marketing & Communications Team is offering an 11-week summer internship to a qualified candidate. Spend your summer with our dynamic team gaining experience through work on a variety of projects that will hone your collaboration, project management, creativity and communication skills. The Video Production Intern will be working as part of the Marketing & Communications Team. The successful candidate embodies “The USL Way” by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
The US Lacrosse Summer Intern Program will begin May 29th and run through August 14th with flexible scheduling arrangements and time for summer fun. Interns are expected to work up to 30 hours per week, mostly Monday through Friday, but with some weekend and evenings for special event opportunities. Individuals who participate will be paid an hourly rate and may also earn credit if they enrolled in an internship course through their college or university. This is a part-time, seasonal position that is not eligible for benefits.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse. The organization has over 425,000 individual members within 68 regional chapters throughout the country and employs a national staff of more than 80 at its Baltimore headquarters. US Lacrosse provides a leadership role in virtually every aspect of the sport throughout the United States and offers numerous programs and services to its national membership and more than one million lacrosse enthusiasts throughout the country.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter and resume. All applications go through www.gethired.com Hiring manager will review applications and make selections for interviews.
The video production intern will have the opportunity to work with the US Lacrosse Video Production and Marketing team on the creation and production of media content for the purposes of increasing brand awareness and general marketing. The ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience in creating and distributing video content from start to finish.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Video Production team to brainstorm and plan video content
- Create and edit unique video content to be distributed across social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Assist in video shoots with production setup and secondary shooting.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Must be a current college student aiming for a degree in cinematography, video production, digital multimedia, communications, journalism or marketing
- Familiarity with video camera systems, microphones and audio equipment, lighting techniques and other production equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of current social media channels
- Photography skills are a plus
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- College intern credit available but must be enrolled in a college internship program and receive credit for this internship
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may experience prolonged sitting and typing, using a computer and staring at the screen
- A part-time flexible working schedule will be determined during the interview process
- Some travel and weekend work may be required
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled