Harvest Associates as known at Curio as Production Associates are responsible for defoliating plant material before harvest and transporting plants into the dry cure room. The role of the Production Associate is to assist the Floriculture team in the preparation of the dry/cure phase of the flower as well as assisting the cultivation team with routine labor duties. This will be accomplished by performing various tasks in the cultivation area. Production Associates will be expected to perform a quality check with wet harvest and report any concerns to the Production Captain, Harvest Captain or Director of Cultivation. This position will require the removal of leaves and transporting plants from the flower room to drying room efficiently all while ensuring the integrity of the plant is intact. Production Associates will assist cultivation by ensuring the quality of the final products is at its highest standard.
Production Associates will follow all company policies and procedures and be responsible for ensuring flower rooms meet the Curio Wellness expectation with cleanliness and organization before, during, and after harvest.
Other duties may include cleaning, labeling, packaging and other responsibilities that are assigned by management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Assisting the cultivation team with routine labor duties. This will be accomplished by performing various tasks in the cultivation area:
- Preparing clone trays, Soaking and leaching rock wool, moving plants, trellising tables, keeping cultivation areas clean, mopping, washing down tables and rooms post-harvest, defoliation, trimming, and waste disposal. In addition to; Cleaning and sanitation, transplanting, transporting plants, and harvesting.
- Production Associates are responsible for approaching each branch of the plant to ensure all fan leaves that restrict airflow to the flower are removed.
- The Production Associates are responsible for the cutting down of the plant at the base of the pot after the de-fanning phase.
- Responsible for organizing the plants by strain and room, labeling the strain after harvest and ensuring the Metric tag of the plant is intact with the plant after being hung.
- Production Associate will assist with transporting the plants from the flower room to Dry Cure rooms they are assigned to.
- Training will be provided by the Production and/or Harvest Captain
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Production Associate will report directly to the Director of Cultivation.
- Collaborate with the Production and/or Harvest Captain with any changes that will improve efficiencies and workflow.
- Production Associate will receive on-going training and support to ensure job requirements and expectations are fulfilled.
- Must be able to stand stationary for long periods of time
- Experience in a greenhouse, nursery, farming. or landscaping
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Depending on the demands of the harvest, evenings and weekends may be required.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Responsible for representing the company in a professional manner.
- Effective and efficient communication skills
As a condition of employment, all Curio Wellness employees must comply with the State of Maryland requirements which include providing a copy of your fingerprints in the required format and consenting to an FBI Background check and Drug Screen.
MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD
Curio Wellness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time