PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide regular clerical and administrative support to the Club Director and the Club. Maintain membership database and prepare related reports. Provide excellent customer service to members, families, and visitors.
- Acknowledge every member, parent and visitor upon entering and leaving the building.
- Maintain membership database and provide reports as needed.
- Direct and supervise the flow of members in the facility.
- Assign, log and distribute membership and replacement cards as needed.
- Collect, log and report membership dues and other monies as collected to the Club Director.
- Maintain accurate records and files and prepare required reports.
- Ensure Club staff is progressively trained to utilize all components of COMET membership database
- and other data management systems.
- Evaluate Club Vision MTS and/or other data management implementation processes.
- Promote and stimulate member’s interest in daily activities.
- Maintain proper phone etiquette, answer all phone calls and take messages as needed.
- Recommend and requisition supplies that are needed for membership area.
- Work with all staff on special events when necessary to carry out other programs in core areas.
- May be assigned special projects by the Club Director.
- Must participate in the after school pick up program if necessary.
- Must assist with the outreach of new members.
Internal: Maintains close daily contact with Club staff and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions.
External: Maintain contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquires or as instructed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ related experience working with youth/family oriented agencies.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with youth.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus (may be required at some Club locations.)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products and database management.
- Must be able to demonstrate the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston, Inc. programs and philosophy.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred (may be required at some Club locations.)
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled