The Assistant Director will be involved in all aspects of executing a first-class experience to our guests and members. The right applicant will assist the Director of Golf in the management of day-to-day golf operations at Point Sebago. All duties of the position shall be performed with a commitment to the highest level of customer service and total satisfaction for our guests and members.
This is a seasonal position with a start between April 1st and 30th (weather dependent). The season end date for this position is October 31st.
- The candidate chosen will have the ability to positively engage with all club members and outside guests in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Assist the Director of Golf with the administration of all point of sales terminals for revenue recording including: green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing.
- Coordinate with the Accounting Department for all policy and procedure revisions and updates.
- Reconcile daily revenue and tee sheets, perform check-ins, and receive and record payments from members and guests. Resolve any discrepancies for daily revenue at end of day.
- Actively promote all club golf activities.
- Assist in the creation of golf lesson plans and provide both individual and group instruction. This function can be waived for someone wanting to maintain amateur status.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf pro shop. Assist retail customers with merchandise purchases and train pro shop staff on sales and store upkeep.
- Prepare all golf outings, including coordinating all materials needed for attendees such as scorecards, cart labels, rule sheets, etc...
- Monitor all members’ scores, report handicap data to USGA and bill members for fees associated.
- Follow established opening and closing procedures per management.
- Assist with all pro-shop and golf course associate training.
- At all times incorporate safe work practices.
- The right applicant must be able to demonstrate a high level of golf skill and knowledge.
- Associate’s degree (AA) and 2 years of experience in golf course or golf related business preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills needed: GolfNow Reservations software preferred but not necessary, basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Play and practice privileges for Assistant and spouse/significant other.
- Use privileges of Point Sebago for Assistant and immediate family.
- Generous discounts for Pro Shop merchandise as well as other Point Sebago resort outlets.