Interested Candidates should apply online at http://bgcgh.org/About-Us/#careers
Function – Scope Statement:
Responsible for providing accounting support and assistance to the Controller in carrying out the overall financial and accounting function for the organization. Includes efficient processing and payment of accounts payable.
Responsibilities and Duties
Major Job Tasks and Responsibilities :
- Maintain vendor files in accounting software
- Review and distribute invoices
- Resolve discrepancies through correspondence with staff and vendors
- Code and enter invoices into accounting software
- Process accounts payable checks utilizing accounting system
- Ensure proper documentation of expenses and communicate discrepancies
- Maintain documentation files
- Prepare annual 1099’s and 1096’s for federal tax purposes.
- Proactively look into ways to save organization money with vendors
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- May be assigned other special projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong IT skills with experience using accounting software and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- One year of accounts payable experience
4. Demonstrated ability to:
I. Work harmoniously with people at all levels of an organization
II. Understand and absorb new information rapidly
III. Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
IV. Manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
V. Plan, organize, schedule, and budget time in a productive manner
VI. Be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and solution-focused.
VII. Meet the needs of internal/external customers in a way that generates positive results
*Preference will be given to candidates with 2+ years of higher education and previous accounting experience.
Internal: Communicate with Club staff, administrative staff and President.
External: Communicate with Board Members, donors, vendors and general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
This is a part-time position and not eligible for health benefits. Employees are eligible for 401k
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled