This position reports to the Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, or Business and Branch Services Director. This position is also responsible for maintaining and balancing a cash drawer in addition to rotating the branch vault, which includes cash, coin, negotiable instruments, etc.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies the amount, and examines checks for endorsements, legal amounts, dates, etc.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Process transactions such as withdrawals, IRA contributions, HSA contributions, loan payments, night deposits, mail deposits, etc.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Assists customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
- Examines coupons and bills presented for payment to verify the issue, payment date and amount due.
- Performs trial balances throughout the day.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift.
- Greet individuals as they enter the branch and drive-up window.
- Process work through Branch Capture equipment.
- Follow and comply with all bank regulations and security procedures.
- Complete all training requirements, including compliance, in a timely manner.
- Process transactions within established policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift coin bags of varying weight.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate). Previous teller experience preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
The position of Personal Banker has three different levels: Personal Banker I, II and III. The position level is primarily determined by the following category:
- Years of experience and expertise
This list is not intended to be all inclusive but is describing the major criteria in determining one’s level of the position.
Resource Bank strives to be the “employer of choice” EEO\Minority\Female\Vets\Disabled