We are a well-established, mature mid-sized SaaS start-up in the healthcare industry. We are seeking a Director of Software Engineering, reporting directly to the VP of Technology, who can lead multiple teams of front-end and back-end developers, provide technical design, set coding guidelines, and be super focused on execution and results. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and experience building SaaS platforms using microservices to deliver business value and have some experience transforming legacy applications.
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success and we are looking for someone who will lead teams of engineers to design, build and maintain the products and infrastructure foundation that supports our multiple product lines.
If you have the relevant experience in the areas detailed below, drop us a line and come and join the team
We offer a diverse, casual work environment, with a great entrepreneurial spirit that will allow you to learn and grow very quickly, but always with an eye toward a proper work/life balance.
The Stack (short version):
- Angular 4
- .Net Web API 2 (Rest)
- Entity Framework
- MS SQL server
You'll need to have…
- Manage multiple development teams, provide technical guidance, interface with product teams, and work alongside the rest of the organization to ensure the velocity of delivery
- Works through ambiguity and facilitates cross-team decision-making to impact company goals based on data.
- Participate in strategic technological planning by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Mentor all development resources and works to ensure priorities are clear, development standards are adhered to and testing is conducted.
- Participate in tech designs, provide coding guidelines, perform code reviews
- Communicate status effectively and make presentations from time to time to the executive team
- Good sense of product/technology/data trade-offs and buy/build/integrate decisions
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Manage the performance of your team members, coaching and mentoring them to further their careers.
- Demonstrates high accountability for personal delivery of their own projects but also demonstrates an ability to work with others (that may or may not be on their team) to deliver meaningful results on-time.
- Has strong relationships with other managers and is well respected by other engineers
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and write some code
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant STEM degrees, Masters preferred
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive responsibilities in software development
- At least 4+ years managing Agile software development teams
- Experience delivering high-quality software using TDD
- Significant experience managing both onshore and offshore development teams specializing in client side, server side, and database programming languages.
- Expertise in an Agile environment and iterative development process
- Deep experience in the software development lifecycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, QA, Database architecture, build processes, testing, deployment, and the related operational processes
- Extensive experience with at least 3 of the following technologies:
- XML (Web Services)
- SQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with mobile application development and deployment
- Experience designing, building, and deploying software on Azure (preferred) or another cloud service provider.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in architecting, designing, building, and operating SaaS platforms
- Strong knowledge of and experience with database design, stored procedures, functions, triggers etc.
Even better if you have...
- Experience in the Health Care industry
- Experience with B2B SaaS products
- Extensive knowledge of performance tuning tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of Windows Server technologies
- Significant experience with any other of the technologies listed in the stack