Job Title: Big Data Enabler
Pay: Based on Experience
Location: Columbia, MD
Start Date: ASAP
TS/SCI clearance with polygraph REQUIRED
We would like to invite software engineers interested in enabling data analytics with new and emerging technologies to join our team driven by innovation in an environment of Respect. Reward. Recognition.
- Evaluating new and emerging technologies to enable analysis of large data sets;
- Determine the appropriate data models, transformational technologies, and algorithms needed to advance customer tradecraft;
- Designing, developing, and deploying big data framework software to enable data analysis and informed decision making;
- Operations and maintenance of deployed software; and
- Coordinating with various system owners to ensure proper system integration.
You will be part of a small research and development team to aggregate and integrate data sources into a framework as an analytic environment.
- BS in a related field (Computer Science or Engineering)
- High-level understanding of the big data environment
- Strong desire to evaluate and integrate new and emerging technologies across languages or technologies
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving skills to quickly develop prototype / standalone tools, then refining as needed to meet immediate user needs.
- Agile software development practices (deriving user stories, performing unit testing continuous integration, static analysis)
- Four (4)+ years of practical Java programming experience providing technical direction for software design and development
- Experience with database and search technologies
- Experience with big data technologies and tools such as Cloudera, Hadoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, etc.
- Experience with versioning, issue tracking, and IDE tools
- Experience with Web Services
- Be able to work individually or integrated into a team environment
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communicative skills, including the ability to present and write at the executive level.
• Experience in the integration of emerging technologies into operational environments
• Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments
• Experience integrating disparate Open Source Frameworks
• Experience with Hadoop and Map/Reduce Environment
• Experience with NoSQL technologies
• Experience working with large data-sets on clustered environments
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law