Fortress Building Product Solutions is seeking a Manager who will lead our architectural marketing efforts to reach new heights of success. In this role, you will design and deploy new strategies, lead a team of Sales Specialists, Commercial Estimators, Area Specifications Managers, and Customer Service Representatives, and collaborate with various departments to ensure sales processes and programs are successful.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for strategic vision and planning that should be communicated through the creation and execution of a strategic plan that will assure a profitable growth path for Fortress Building Product Solutions.
- Provide operational and sales leadership to guide the team through a tactical execution of the plan.
- Collaborate with SBU General Managers to set and monitor Marketing and Product Management direction while overseeing Sales, Commercial Estimating, and Customer Service activity.
- Conduct evaluations of the team and provide mentoring, leadership, training and development. Evaluate, establish and develop a high performing Fortress Building Product Solutions team. Identify, and recommend, organizational structure needs and changes necessary for profitable growth.
- Set and implement procedures, processes and controls that will improve efficiencies and can support our desired growth.
- Collaborate with cross functional personnel, both domestic and international, to ensure alignment of key strategic initiatives for Fortress Building Product Solutions.
- Complete an annual budget and corresponding business strategy that supports meeting the company’s financial forecast. Continuously track progress and assure that quarterly and annual goals for the business unit budget are met.
- Work with the management team to develop current and long term goals, plans, objectives and policies.
- Provide strong leadership to all functions of the business and build a "service/customer oriented" culture. Reinforce, throughout the entire company, the desire and commitment to the highest levels of customer service. Communicate and demonstrate this commitment to all customers.
- Evaluate areas of need and +/- impacts. When needed, lead an effective search and recruitment process to assure the “best of the best” in new members of the team.
- Assure constant review of the product lines, analyzing product line and individual product performance, making necessary changes to assure strong ROI and viability of all active products.
- Lead the identification, design, go/no-go, development and the launch of new and improved products. Assist in the setting and management of schedules.
- Utilize a Strategic Pricing Strategy that includes product costing and market pricing for Fortress Business Product Solutions, assuring that we are procuring at the best cost and pricing the market based on what the market will bear so that we maximize gross margin potential.
- Research, administer and analyze needed testing assuring that we are marketing products that will not present a liability to the company or its partners.
- Work with Supply Chain and SBUs in materials forecasting and ordering to assure ample product turns and elimination of slow moving inventory.
- Utilize the ERP system and implement new management processes to better manage inventory. Create Key Performance Indicators to measure performance and drive accountability. Lead the charge to a reduced and balance inventory for improved customer satisfaction and financial health for Fortress.
- Design, implement, and manage an organizational structure of the Fortress Building Product Solutions sales team that will assure profitable growth and the accomplishment of our annual sales plan.
- Lead the sales team to maximize gross margin dollars through a strategic pricing and sales strategy.
- Create promotional, market based, or product based opportunities to spur off-season sales.
- Maximize two-step, one-step, retail, international and OEM distribution opportunities.
- Create and execute a plan to successfully launch new products.
- Expand International distribution opportunities.
- Achieve a very high, year over year growth percentage.
- Manage the marketing, branding, and product image needs with the assistance of the SBUs and Marketing department.
- Lead the trade show process for Fortress Building Product Solutions.
- Identify and evaluate advertising and promotional opportunities in print, web, new media, etc.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- At least 7 (seven) years of applied professional experience in sales management
- At least 5 (five) years of applied professional experience calling on architects and general contractors
- At least 2 (two) years of applied professional experience leading managers
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interfacing abilities
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong team management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- An ability to create, understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Willingness to travel more than 20% of the time
- Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suit
The ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can effectively:
- Problem solve quickly and anticipate needs
- Communicate well and comprehensively with a variety of people
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the business
- Work collaboratively with different departments and functions
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled