As a part of the Marketing & Communications team, the graphic designer will assist in the creation of print and digital marketing materials, including but not limited to event promotion, publications, print and web ads, social media graphics, infographics, brochures, posters and event logos. The ideal candidate will be passionate, creative, and excited about learning and adding value to our team and furthering the mission of US Lacrosse.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work a total of 20 hours per week, schedule to be determined upon hiring.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of- and interest in the sport is preferable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Create and design polished, professional marketing materials by utilizing current graphic design trends and aesthetic layouts
· Provide excellent service and develop professional, creative and effective solutions consistent with brand standards and within specified budgets and timelines
· Participate in kickoff meetings with in-house clients to understand the scope of the project, identify solutions and priorities, obtain all necessary information and determine deliverables
· Assist in the design of US Lacrosse Magazine – lacrosse’s premier print publication
· Review designs for errors before printing or publishing and finalize packages for vendors.
· Organize graphics for easy access
· Use sound judgment when interpreting instructions, and regularly provide strong visual ideas
· Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed
Core values & Competencies:
· We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
· We Serve - Customer Focused
· We Create & Innovate - Creativity
· We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
· We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
· We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
· We Have Fun - Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Design Suite both at a creative level and daily production level
• Mac OS proficiency
• 1-3 years of professional experience
• Knowledge of pre-press and printing process
• Experience working with HTML and CSS
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
• Great attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Openness to constructive criticism and customer feedback
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to learn and bring creative ideas to the team
** A portfolio is required upon applying **
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
· Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures
· Occasionally lift and move boxes, supplies, and equipment up to 20-50lbs
· Will experience prolonged sitting and keying of data
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled