Job Code 200-035 Job Title Banquet Bartender
Department Food and Beverage - FOH Reports to Banquet Manager
Location Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club Gainesville, VA
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: As a key member of our hospitality staff, our Banquet Bartender must ensure the bar and front of house operations operates smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times. The ideal candidate in this position must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintaining a courteous demeanor with customers, as well as effectively make use of downtime. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image. The Banquet Bartender pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety, and enjoyment of guests and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the establishment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Ensure proper cash management
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Oversee the preparation of beverages and ensure the quality of the product served.
- Oversee cleanliness of the physical bar area, paying special attention to possible health hazards and code violations.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with F&B Director.
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Check with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
- Adhere to safe working conditions in compliance with OSHA, SDS and ADA laws.
Basics of daily workload:
- Greet and serve guests at the bar.
- Pour drinks, using standard pour according to specifications.
- Serve drinks to guests, along with filling orders for the Servers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must love to serve!
- Current TIPS certification
- Current SERV Safe certification
- Must know beer, wine, and liquor.
- It must be fun and very pleasant to be around!
- Must be able to design, develop a creative cocktail menu
- Hourly salary plus gratuity
- Based on experience
- Maintain a positive working relationship with others through leading by example, demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Follows company policies and procedures for associates regarding disciplinary steps, personnel files and information, and labor and payroll.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and implementation as well as recognizing and correcting potential safety hazards.
- Report to a senior management team member, such as the Food and Beverage Director and/or General Manager, on all inventory management, expenditures, staff performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Present a professional demeanor to guests and staff at all times, even when under pressure.
- Maintains professional standards of dress and grooming which reflect a professional image.
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure the associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company:
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.